Welcome to the nth Meander Invite Redesign. Mao Tse-Tung predicted that the only successful revolution was a continuous revolution; little did he know that the truth of this would be manifest in Meander Invites!
The new automated People's Revolutionary Meander Invitation System is designed to simplify things. As such, there will be changes:
- First, the system now emphasizes the online world over the paper world. Witness the launch of http://www.themeander.org!
- Emails will no longer be five pages of semi-relevant information. They will be short and succinct, giving the date of the next Meander and a link to the Meander site.
- Meander Email Subscriptions will be simplified. Merely visit the site and click on "The Mailing List." You can then use the form to sign yourself (or others) up. You can use the same form to unsubscribe if the emails annoy you.
- Invites will no longer list all of the readings from the previous Meander. Full summaries of past Meanders, including the readings, will be available on the Web site.
- Since the readings are now maintained in a database of sorts, there is a full bibliography on the site, organized either by Author or Title.
- Gradually, the paper invites will evolve into a simple postcard with the date of the upcoming Meander and some background information.
- The system is template driven, so the current design will gradually be improved as I find time to work on it.
In other news, be sure to save the date of Saturday, October 30th. That will be the night of Mr. Midnight's Amazing Autumn Carnival (http://www.sunnysideasylum.com/halloween), also known as Halloween At The Asylum.
Phone in comments to 310.210.3347, meil 'em to the postal address skillfully concealed elsewhere on this page,
or email 'em to firstname.lastname@example.org
- "The Velveteen Rabbit" by Margery Williams
- "dedicated to River Phoenix" by Ani Nicole
- "To Kill for Whom" by Ani Nicole
- "Here, Where?" by Ani Nicole
- "The Arrest" by Ambrose Bierce from The Complete Short Stories of Ambrose Bierce by Ernest J. Hopkins
- excerpts from I like Guys by David Sedaris from Naked
- "The Wolf's Head" by Renwick Oden & John Buchaca
- excerpts from Heart of the Comet by David Brin
All misspellings, misattributions, omissions or errors in naming should be construed as Acts of God, directed through yours truly
(for reasons at which we as mere mortals may only guess...)